Thursday, October 6, 2016

Big News

A good friend of mine is also a writer (Zachary O'Shea. Check out his site: http://lastslicestudios.com/).   He has been submitting his work to various publishers for years.  A little over a month ago I happened to see a post of his about a call for writers from Siren's Call Publications.  http://www.sirenscallpublications.com/

I answered the call.

The original post was for a short story anthology called "First Hand Accounts".  All submissions have to be horror stories written in the first person perspective.  Thanks to the Undead Wars, I have a substantial amount of experience with that style so I figured I would give it a shot.  I've completed my first draft and will be submitting the story as soon as I finish my second draft.  I always go back and flesh out my stories and add details in my rewrites.

While checking out the submission guidelines, I happened to see another open submission call for the Halloween edition of their bi-monthly ezine.  I went into my writing folder and pulled out an old short story, made a few edits and submitted it.

It was Accepted!   My first official publication!  To say that I'm excited is quite an understatement.  I know that writing is something that I will be doing for the rest of my life and it's thrilling to know that others will be reading my work and (hopefully!) enjoying it.

I'll be posting more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment