Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chapter 1: The Awakening

1) I awake in the frigid night air, the darkness glaring in my eyes, the silence thundering in my ears. Everything feels different, strange and new. I lie there, my face pressed against cool earth and grass. The last thing I remember is... Him!

2) I can smell him. I know he is near, watching me. "What did you do to me?" I growl as I rise to my feet. I look down at my blood-stained shirt and finger the four holes. "I saved you, brought you back." I gaze into the shadows to locate the source of that voice. Then he continues in a maddeningly peaceful tone, "don't worry, the man that shot you has been... dealt with."

3) I let out a low growl and launch myself into the shrubs where the voice is coming from. My fingers curl into rigid claws. I hear him sigh and then he just seems to melt into the shadows. "I'll let you adjust to your new situation. We'll see each other again soon. Just make sure you're under cover by dawn." And then, with a rush of air, he's gone.

4) I can still feel his presence in my mind... Rendel is his name. The Fool! The man that shot me was a police officer. This "Rendel" has no idea what he has unleashed upon the world. But someday, he will find out.

1 comment:

  1. This first chapter was really rough, but it was also my first attempts at getting into the story - begun on June 19th - the day I got my iphone. This and the next two chapters were typed on my phone and totally in game. (So no way to proof-read or go back and change content without typing in the whole post over again.)

    ReplyDelete