Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chapter 2: The Hunt

1) I sit and listen to the sounds of the night. It came as quite a shock when I realized that had no need to draw breath. That my heart no longer beat in my chest. And yet, my sense are all magnified. Then I am struck by a Hunger. A force unlike anything that I have experienced. My whole bod throbs with the urge to FEED. So begins my first hunt.

2) I can smell its damp unkempt fur, hear its racing heart as it moves closer. A feral dog moves through the trees, thinking to make me its prey. I almost laugh but still my amusement as it comes closer. It lunges forward, but I explode into motion, tackling the creature and pinning it to the ground. I bury my teeth, no my fangs, into its throat and drink until the beast is still.

3) Slaves... They are such a delight. I quickly realized that draining every animal completely was not a good idea. I found that, once I fed on them, they were more... Agreeable to my commands. Soon I had a pair of Mongrel dogs following me and watching over me as I rested and hid from the hateful sun. Now, it is time to find a more powerful ally and protector.

4) A lone wolf prowls through the trees, lean and hungry. I watch with a smile as it catches the scent of a fresh kill. One of my dogs whimpers slightly and I silence it with a gesture. the mongrel slinks back into the shadows with its companion, a large shepherd mix. They both wait and watch as I move closer to the wolf.

5) I make sure to keep upwind of the creature as it sniffs at the deer carcass, a previous victim of mine from only hours ago. Just it settles in to eat, I burst from my hiding place and cross the distance in the span of one of the beast's heartbeat. It snarls and thrashes, teeth flashing, but my claws sink into its flanks and grip tightly. I lean over and plunge my fangs into its throat and feed.

6) As the wolf's life fades, I can feel its will crumbling beneath mine. Before it becomes too weak, I release it. The young male sits up and wobbles on its haunches. I motion my other canine companions forward and watch with a smile as they begin to feed. This was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment