Monday, October 22, 2012

On The Hunt! (Scene from Dream Flyer)

Shadows slide across the the floor, silent but moving with a purpose.  A young woman of Latino descent speaks with an older blonde man.  She giggles and lays a hand on his arm, her brown eyes glittering with obvious attraction.

Unnoticed, the shadow slowly stakes the shape of a man and slips closer to the couple.  Two slits appear in the thing's face and form into a glowing red eyes.  A mouth forms and twists into a cruel, toothy smile.

The man grins at the woman and says in a smooth voice.  "Wait here while I get us some drinks."

A soft raspy chuckle emanates from the shadow as the man walks away.  The woman shivers suddenly and wraps her arms around herself.  The dark shape rises from the floor,  tall and sinister.  A gleaming knife blade appears in its right hand.

"Hello darlin'..."


Short scene, but this is the set-up for the first attack by the "Shade" in my latest project, Dream Flyer.  I originally wrote this in my notebook while sitting at Starbucks because I couldn't get imagery out of my head.  I cannot wait to get this far into the book as this really scene leads to some major revelations about the main character, Dina and what is really going on with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment